Micrologix 1500 Modbus communication

mdwyer39

I want to communicate Modbus RTU between a Micrologix 1500 and a Genset controller.

The Genset controller talks RS485 Modbus RTU. It has three terminations, Tx, Rx, and Com.

If I configure the channel 1 of Micrologix 1500 for Modbus RTU Master. What type of cable or wiring do I need on the 9 pin channel 1? Will I need a AIC interface? Or is there another way to do it?

The option I recommend is the 1761-NET-AIC module.

There are a wide variety of connection options for this, but I think the best is to connect Channel 0 of the MicroLogix 1500 to the DIN8 round connector of the -AIC using a 1761-CBL-AM00 cable. This also provides 24vDC power to the -AIC module.

The 1761-NET-AIC has three RS485 pins; A, B, GND. There are jumper terminals also provided for the termination resistors and shield ground.

The usual practice with RS485 wiring when you're matching up devices labeled A/B and Rx/Tx is "if it doesn't work, switch the wires and try again".

ML 1100 and EMCP 3.3 CAT

I begin to do a job with ML 1100 and Emcp 3.3 over modbus .
I understand with ML 1100, I don´t need any converter just 1763-NC01 cable.

I´ve worked with ML and AB family but, never another brand, and
I would like doing this project to learn what to do.
I have two emcp and I don´t know if I can send information from them to a only ML1100.

then here I´ve found help with another questions before .
any help .
thank.