Siemens 353

mrjeffny

Hi all.

I am currently trying to access a Siemens 353 loop controller
by using the front panel knobs.

Is there any way to get the output from an anolog input to one of
the other function blocks... using just the front panel configuration method.

As an example we are monitoring Opacity as anolog input #3
and I can see its value as a percent when I view the FB. I would
like to access the output and assign it a kepserver tag.

Thanks for your help

The rule for 353's is that data available for export has to be available in an "Operator Display" function block (f/b).

ODC is Operator Display for Controller (pg 95 pdf), the display on the faceplate of the 353

ODA is Operator Display for Analog Indication (pg 93 pdf), which appears to be used primarily for the iWare HMI, but could reside in the controller whether iware is used or not.

Many OPC servers have a Modbus driver, which should work with the 353 that is a Modbus slave. It isn't clear to me how well OPC works with serial (RS-2332/RS-485) devices. But if the 353 has an ethernet card, then an OPC server that has a Modbus/TCP driver should work.

Page 7-7 in the 353 manual (pg 171 pdf) (Rev 11, March 2003) shows
Analog Indicator for AI 3 in
- is read only integer data
- Process 3 block is in percent (%)
- ranges from -3.3 to 103.3,
- it has code L#P3I, where L# = loop number
- it resides in Modbus register 40203+10(#-1), where # = loop #
interpreted as:
40203 + 10 * (loop nuymber minus 1)
so for loop 2, the address would be
40203 + 10 (2-1) =
40203 + 10 (1) =
40203 + 10 =

page 7-11 in the 353 manual (pg 175 pdf) shows the equivalent information for that point in IEEE floating point format
- is read only, IEEE floating point format
- code L#P3F,where L# = loop number
- Process 3
- Modbus register address 41955+20(#-1)

It isn't clear whether it is bigendian or little endian format.

If opacity is the process variable for one of the loops then its value would be in the ODC f/b as L#PI as an integer, or L#PF as a floating point value. Or the opacity could possibly an X or Y variable for an particular loop in an ODC f/b. Depends on how the controller is configured.

Whose HMI softwware are you using? Siemens iware?
Whose OPC server are you using?

Dan

mrjeffny said:
Hi Dan:

How do you get 40203 and 41955 as the modbus registers
when those values are 40201, 41951

thanks
jeff
I have no idea how your 353 is configured, how mnay inputs it has, how many loops it runs, or what input connects where. So I picked a couple of points using loop #3 as an example. It appears that you're well aware of where your points map to.

Dan

Hi Dan:

Ok my confusion I thought you were equating the fact that Anolgue input #3 was associated with process variable #3. Basically I was trying to find the address of anologue input 3 which is one of the inputs that the 353 comes with... so I was trying to find that value...
loop one oxygen trim
loop two opacity alarm
loop three efficicy calculations.
inc3 is visble in the display of loop 2 opacity alarm.
so I was trying to find that mb register to assign a tag with kepware
to see it on our computer.

thanks
jeff