RSView ME Alarming Question

recondaddy

Hey folks!

In RSView Studio, a colleague of mine developed an ME application for a PanelView Plus 1250. Everything appears to be running fine, including almost all our alarms.

However, I just added a couple of new alarms to the application (Alarm Setup > Add Trigger > Add Message for the Trigger > Check the Display box > Click OK to save), and they are not working as I expected. The alarms are triggered, but they go straight to the Alarm History and do not appear in the Alarm Summary, at all.

Currently the Alarm Summary is configured to display all Active Alarms. However, even when I latch the trigger bits and leave them on, they still do not appear in the Alarm Summary -- just the Alarm History.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

What are you using for your trigger type in your alarm setup? It can be a bit, a value or a LSBit. If you have selected value and your alarms faults are triggering bits, this could be your problem.

Also, what version do you have?

Thanks for the reply, Mark, but unfortunately the triggers are already set as Bits.

They are actually triggering -- they're just appearing in the Alarm History instead of the Alarm Summary. It's as if they're skipping the Alarm Summary and going straight to History.

I don't think the problem is in the Alarm Summary properties, either, since all my other Active Alarms appear in the Summary, as expected. It's very strange.

Also, to answer your question, I am using RSView Studio Release Number 4.00.00 (CPR 7).

Thanks.

I found this on the AB web site. You may want to give AB a call and ask them. They may help or they may say reload the software or update with the latest patch.

The alarm banner comes up with no date, time or text.
trnsp.gif
Answer Problem :The alarm banner pops up with no date, time or text. The message does register correctly in the alarm list
Solution :
Filtering alarms on the display object that opens automatically when alarms occur is not recommended.
It is assumed that the user will want this display to register all alarms.
If you do filter alarms on this display for some reason, be sure to clear the Display check box
(in the Messages tab of the Alarm Setup editor) for all the alarms that have been filtered out.
Otherwise the display will open automatically when the alarm occurs, (because the Display option for the alarm is checked),
but the alarm object will be blank, because the alarm that was triggered has been filtered out for that object
Summary: If Alarm Banner comes up with no text check if the alarm banner set for filtering triggers
Catalog Number:
DocFullNum: A133954308

Thanks, brother. Actually, we were planning to give Rockwell a call tomorrow morning, anyway. Whatever we discover, I'll be sure to post back with the resolution (or lack thereof).

Cheers.