s7-200 to tp177 micro communication error

turbo1325

Plan on using a s7-200 plc and HMI tp177 micro to run a chilling unit. New to siemens but not to PLc programming. When attaching a mpi cable between the two, get connection lost error. Is there something special in the programming for them to communicate. No info in any manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

We've used this lead many time (it's designed to be used for the TD100, but it works fine)...

6ES7 901-3EB10-0XA0​

Here's the configuration we use...​

TP177_PPI.jpg

Hope this helps!

I went into the connection and all is the same but with the first devices mentioned, they sent a mpi cable. So I changed the setting to mpi instead of ppi and it still gives me a communication disconnect after it after it turns into operation mode. Am puzzled so sent e-mail to tech support at siemens but who knows how long it will take to get a responce.

Thanks for the help and am looking for any other ideas.

Verify communications settings on each device. Ensure the baud rates match and the correct ports are set. For the TP177B you can set them either through WinCCFlexible or the windows CE environment.

Hi there
There is no as such programming required for communication to establish between them.
Only thing is you need to put right parameters under communication of WinCC Flexible.

You are trying to communicate through MPI.
Then select the Baud rate of HMI to 187500, select HMI address(make sure this address is unique)
Under Profile select MPI
Check your PLC address and then put same address in Wincc flexible

If you are using the Profibus to connect them then make sure that dip switch setting of the profibus connectors
are in right position.If only PLC and HMI is there, then profibus connector at both PLC and HMI end should be in ON position.

Also check that cable cores Green and red are connected at proper terminals of the connector.