GE 90-30 Register Maximum size

de_arnab

Hi All - Can anyone please tell me what is the maximum size of %M and %R register in GE 90-30 CPUs. I'm using CPU 374 Plus and using Proficy Machine Edition.

The data table shows 4096 for %M and 10000 for %R registers but I'm getting confused because I can create a new BOOL variable and assign it an address more than a billion as a reference address and it validates just fine. What's going on ??

What's my limit with these registers ? Thanks in advance!!!

Your numbers should be correct, if I enter an address outside of the limits, the "Ref Address" in the properties window changes to yellow, and I do get the validation error.

Go to Projects -> Clean All Build Folders then try to validate again.

Thanks Steve. But I don't understand what hardware configuration has to do with internal registers!!

So you mean to say that %M04096 is the max range I can have on the M registers ?

Also, where does the %R register defaults to 9999? And how can I have the reference address %R32640 as my biggest R register.

I'm kinda moving into the GE world from AB; Thanks.

The CPU374 comes out of the box with %R memory set at 9999 words. You can add additional %R addresses up to a maximum of 32640. When you do, you will have less program memory available. You do this in hardware configuration. Double click on the CPU374 module and then look at the "Memory" tab.

Yes, the maximum %M address is %M04096.

Hey ol' buddy, didn't know you were posting on here!

FWIW, on the 374, set the ethernet status address to something higher than the IO used range. You caused me some moments this week, lol. :D

Don't confuse the variable NAME with the address... you can call it nearly anything you want. I'm wondering if that's what you did with your billion served "R" register.

Hahahaha!! Can't believe its' good ol' Tom in here!!! How u doin my friend!! I hope everything's going pretty well out there and u don't really have to change a bunch of stuff after I left!!

Thanks for the tip. To me it just didn't make any sense that the M registers show up as %M00001 as the starting register which makes u think it can go up to a range of 99999. I WISH!!! Also, can't being able to write indirect logic in 90-30 is just killing me!!! Tell me one good reason of buying this processor!! lol.

Well, I might have a few questions for u down the road buddy!!! I know u r one of the GE gurus whom I have met in person! Cheers!

Steve Bailey said:
The CPU374 comes out of the box with %R memory set at 9999 words. You can add additional %R addresses up to a maximum of 32640. When you do, you will have less program memory available. You do this in hardware configuration. Double click on the CPU374 module and then look at the "Memory" tab.

Yes, the maximum %M address is %M04096.
Thanks a bunch Steve!!! Just wasn't looking at the right place.

Also, can't being able to write indirect logic in 90-30 is just killing me!!! Tell me one good reason of buying this processor!! lol.

GE does not have the limits that AB is bound to. It is a real programmers PLC.

^ - I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there!

Why GE? The customer who pays the bills wants it. Was there another question? :D

Seriously, RS could take a lesson from GE Proficy. The editor alone is worth getting GE products.