Fanuc Micro LOGIC NOT Equal Error

shrirampendse

Hi friends,

I have GE Fanuc Micro PLC and VersaPro 2.03 as well as Cimplicity ME.
When I download a programm having Counter or Timer PLC shows LOGIC NOT equal. Without tmr & ctr it works fine. But even if I confifure one timer or counter I get Logic NOT equal.

This program if converted to 90-30 and downloaded to 90-30 works fine.

Pls help out.

I have never used VersaPro, I use Proficy, but I don't think that this is an issue with the software. Have you checked the addressing of the Timer/Counter to make sure that it is within the memory range of the processor. Proficy will allow you to verify the program which would point out that the address value is out of range. I assume that VersPro can do the same.

Also, timers and counter in the GE world are three-word structures with the following structure:

Word 1: Current Value
Word 2: Process Value
Word 3: Control Word

Overlapping these addresses may cause your timer or counter to give you problems.

Regards

This is a documented problem with the Series 90 Micro. If the software is set up to warn you about multiple coil usage, it does not properly update its usage table when you download a program which results in the "Logic Not Equal" state. Turn off the "Warn Multiple Use" option in VersaPro.

You can find more detail in the data sheet GFK-1094P. Unfortunately, the most recent data sheet for the Series 90 Micro is GFK-1094S. That version has no mention of the problem and it appears to be the only one available on the GE Fanuc website. At least it is the only version that their miserable excuse for a search engine turns up.

Thanks for replies

I have configured a simple one timer program consuming three registers starting with %R0001. This timers runs on a digital inout & after delay of 10 sec's produces a digital outout. If I download this prj and run it, it works as programmed, only thing, I CANNOT MONITER this programm as ERROR reported is LOGIC NOT EQUAL.

Strange !!!.