SLC 5/04 program is removed after power off

hasan_ali

I am finding a problem that whenever my SLC 5/04 is powered off even for few seconds, its ladder program is removed and i have to redownload again. I have changed the batteris and even processor but the problem is still there. Battery indication light is off on processor and i think this is not the fault of battery.

Can anybody suggest anything in this regard.

Thanks,

and even processor

Wow...

The only thing I can think is you have a short, backplane or power supply... hell thats the only thing left :)

If you ever resolve you problem please come back and tell us, I would like to know and good luck :D

Do you a have an EEPROM memory Module installed? That does not have a program saved to it.

memoryModule.jpg

Mickey,

That is an excellent observation. If there is an EEPROM memory module installed, but it DOES NOT have the PLC program saved into it and is blank, and the PLC is configured to load the EEPROM blank program on power loss, then that would explain this situation

Also, (I hate to keep sounding like a broken record... but) MAKE SURE your chassis is well grounded. The power supply ground screw is not what I'm talking about here (though it should also be grounded), but those metal mounting tabs for the chassis. The SLC does not play well when its chassis is not grounded.

problem resolved

I have resolved the problem. I changed the power supply and the problem is resolved.
Thanks for everybody for giving so useful suggestions, and happy new year to all of you,
Regards,
Hasan