Wago 750-841 memory and modbus problem

luciopro

Hi,
i have some question about wago 750-841.

First: memory setting.
In my software use allocate memory and not allocate memory. I want about 12000 MW for exghange information to te touch pannel and also 2000 Mw for internal use. Al the word are retain.
How i can set, in targhet setting--Memory the value of
Memory and RETAIN.

Second. The PLc have a module 750-653/3.
This module il setting:
1 stop bit
no parity
no XOFF/Xon
5 byte of trasmissino
Continuos sending ON

This setting il made by the software WAGO-IO-Check 2 (V02.01.08.15)

I use in codesys the standard library for modbus master of wago, setting as:

MODBUS_MASTER(
bCOM_PORT:=2 ,
cbCOM_BAUDRATE:=16#7FFF ,
cpCOM_PARITY:=16#7FFF,
csCOM_STOPBITS:=16#7FFF ,
cbsCOM_BYTESIZE:=16#7FFF ,
cfCOM_FLOW_CONTROL:= 16#7FFF,
TimeOut:=t#200ms ,
StartFunction:= StartLetturaModbus,
Query:=Comando ,
Response:=Risposta ,
MB_Error=>Errore );

If I turn off the plc and then again turn on; the modbus comunication stop.
After a restar I put the StartLetturaModbus=1, the PLC try to launch the modbus comunication but I don't have nothing on the line RS485. No timeout error; nothing.

The bit StartLetturaModbus stay always at 1.

Sombody can help me??

Thanks

Luciopro,

I am not an expert yet on the CoDeSys environment but did you download your program as Boot Project?

Online - Create boot project

At least with the TURCK programmable gateways that will make it stay in RUN mode when cycled power. Try this and see what happens.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

When you declare a variable, you just enable the retain radio-button.

In the Global variables list you will see that in the text heading over all them declared variables it is listed as:

VAR_GLOBAL RETAIN
MW0TEST AT %MW0: WORD := 1; (* comment*)
MW1TEST AT %MW1: WORD := 2; (* comment*)
MW2TEST AT %MW2: WORD := 3; (* comment*)
MW3TEST AT %MW3: WORD := 5; (* comment*)
MW4TEST AT %MW4: WORD := 7; (* comment*)

You can cut and paste the var. that you did not include in this section... under the RETAIN heading so they too are retained.

Hope this helps!

*If you don't want to loose all the data every times you download ... tagged them as:

VAR_GLOBAL RETAIN PERSISTENT

Last edited:
Thanks Pierre,
I have Understand the memory use.

In my software i have make a mistake because i have setting:
MEMORY: base:16#30000000 size:16#6000
RETAIN: base:16#30006000 size:16#2000

But this PLC have a maximum size of 24 k (16#6000).
So I have reserved too much word; and I hope is the original of problem.

This evening I try with correction configuration.

Tomorrow I write the response of the test.

Thanks again

ok guys,
I have found a solution!!!

Error1: with WAGO-IO-Check 2 I have setting the serial port like 5 byte; but in codesys I have select the board with 3 byte. I replace with correct board

Error2: Error in memory mapping. Maximun size of Memeory and retain are 16#6000 (24K). I have setting as follow:
MEMORY: base:16#30000000 size:16#5500
RETAIN: base:16#30005500 size:16#500

and now workng ok!!!!

Thank at all!!!

bye

That WAGO-IO-Check sounds a lot like the program TURCK has called IO_Assistant. I have learned that with TURCK's IO_Assistant any changes that I make to non-programmable gateways the settings stick. But if I make changes within IO_Assistant and then go to configure a program with CoDeSys for a programmable gateway, all values are reset to default. With the TURCK BL20/BL67 products I have learned that when you configure the PLC in CoDeSys I have to manually do the settings for each slice there. Sounds like the same thing with the WAGO tool.

Pierre, your post has taught me some more about the Variable declarations.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo