Danfoss Drive

Drippin

Hi All

I have a Danfoss VSD (model VLT3011) that is intermittently faulting with the following text in its display "EXCEPT - Address Error PC= 17FE". The manual nor their website cannot shed any light on the code. The motor and external wiring has all been verified.

The I/O to the VSD is all digital (from PLC) with the exception of the analogue speed reference (also from PLC). When the drive faults it does not update it's outputs and appears to the PLC that it is still "healthy". I feel it will probably become more regular eventually ending with the "magic smoke" being released.

Any ideas? Perhaps a new drive in the Xmas shutdown?

Drippin

Drippin said:
Hi All

I have a Danfoss VSD (model VLT3011) that is intermittently faulting with the following text in its display "EXCEPT - Address Error PC= 17FE". The manual nor their website cannot shed any light on the code. The motor and external wiring has all been verified.
Drippin

Call Danfoss and find out what the error message means.

IF a small drive remove and put on bench and wire very basic and determine if the drive is basically OK.
IF large disconnect from every thing and wire very simple and test in place.
Now you know the drive itself is OK.

Now you need to go thru and check that all your inputs and outputs are correct and you have your setup done correctly.

Dan Bentler

Hi

Is the VSD networked, via Profi for example?
Is there an add-on comms card installed?
Is there a parameter incorrectly set regarding communications?
Do you have a similar one on the setup to compare to?
Is the fault affecting the unit's operation or is it just an alarm?

silva.foxx

Hasn't done it since..........

This is a VERY intermittent fault (every couple of weeks in a 24/7 operation) The drive is not networked, has no comms cards and is next to ten other units that are physically the same (these are not faulting). As regards comms parameters - these as per factory settings (basically switched off as they are not used!)

One other point - the VSD has been running OK for about ten years unitl the last two weeks.

I will try Danfoss tech. support later but I'm not holing out too much hope.

Thanks

Drippin

[font=&quot]We had at one time a Danfoss drive running a submerged pump, it kept faulting ground fault. Everything was checked and rechecked nothing was found wrong with the pump or wiring. I tried to get info on the drive from the web site and tried called them to, No Help was given to us. It was also an on and off fault. We finally got so mad with the unit I ripped it out and replaced it with a Telemecanique drive and have not had a problem sense. My suggestion it to throw it away, but I'm just Bias do to the problems we had trying to get info on the unit.[/font]

Drippin said:
Hi All

The I/O to the VSD is all digital (from PLC) with the exception of the analogue speed reference (also from PLC). When the drive faults it does not update it's outputs and appears to the PLC that it is still "healthy". I feel it will probably become more regular eventually ending with the "magic smoke" being released.

Any ideas? Perhaps a new drive in the Xmas shutdown?

Drippin

I am looking at a manual for a VLT5000 series Danfoss drive, and fault 17 says "Standard bus time out" and only occurs if "parameter 514 is set to anything but OFF"
As I read your post you use no comms so I believe parameter 514 should be off.

Please note this is not from a VLT3000 manual but appear to refer to the same data when I look at a VLT3000 manual on the web. Unfortunately it did not have error codes and was not written in English