PLC5/40E & RIO Daisy Chain

anks

Hi,

I have existing PLC5/40E system, using three RIO daisy chain (RIO-A, RIO-B & RIO-C) & would like to add one more RIO-D to connect it to RIO-C.

Is that possible or I cannot do daisy chain of more than 3 RIOs?

Thanks

Why do you think that there is a limit of 3 RIO stations ?
Just add the next RIO station to the daisy chain, and remember to place termination resistors at the physical ends of the daisy chain.

There are limits, but you have a ways to go.

limits.jpg

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm a new user here. I'm using a PLC5/40E to send & receive messages from a dozen or so outlying PLCs. There mostly PLC5s but a few SLC500s...
Replies
Views
In one of my project, end-user wants to connect Controllogix 1756 IO's with PLC 5/40E controller on DH+ protocol. 1756 DHRIO card is installed in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm a Siemens expert but currently need to do a bit of AB PLC5 work. I have a PLC5/40E. I would like to know if I can add my own N...
Replies
Views
Hello I am troubleshooting a PID. My set output percentage from my SCADA is 60%. However when my PID is in manual my CV is stuck at 20%??? I can...
Replies
Views
Here's a new one for me... Over weekend, one of our plants went on the fritz. On Friday when we closed up everything worked fine, normal...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom