AB 5000 conversion for s4 TimeBase?

dclough

I'm converting a program from a micrologix to a controllogix. In RSLogix 5000, what would be the equivalent for the S4 Timebase? The program uses nearly all the s4 timers...

I assume you mean the T4 timers... right???

In Control/CompactLogix, all timers are millisecond timers. (.001) There is no selectable time base.

Nope, I mean S4 TimeBase (Free-Running Clock, I think they call it). They are used alot for flashers, because each address has a different on/off rate.

Maybe there isn't an equivalent?

dclough said:
Nope, I mean S4 TimeBase (Free-Running Clock, I think they call it). They are used alot for flashers, because each address has a different on/off rate.

Maybe there isn't an equivalent?

In theory there is.
Using the GSV isntruction and reading the LocalDateTime object,

an array is returned as:

timeclock.jpg

DINT[6] would be an equivalent to the free running clock

Consider using periodic tasks for code that you want to execute continuously on any particular interval. That is the prefered way of doing it and it offeres more flexibility as it does not lock you into a time base that is constrained to time slices of 2 x 2x milli-seconds

However, if you absolutely must have a free running clock equivalant you can create your own with any timer and using the bits of the timer accumulator - FreeRunningClock.Acc.0 through FreeRunningClock.ACC.30. Make the timer preset 2147483647. FreeRunningClock.ACC.31 won't be availalbe because it would normally be the sign bit and a timer Acc can never be negative.

A121707A.JPG

Last edited:
curlyandshemp said:
In theory there is.
Using the GSV isntruction and reading the LocalDateTime object,

an array is returned as:

timeclock.jpg

DINT[6] would be an equivalent to the free running clock

I use this method.

dclough said:
ok, obvious newbie here. How is the LocalDateTime set up? it isn't listed anywhere i can find...

Build a tag of the type DateTIme. I called mine Clock. Pretty snazzy eh?

Put a GSV instruction in a rung. Populate it with:

Class Name: WALLCLOCKTIME
Attribute: DATETIME
Destination: Clock.Year (Clock is my tagname)

dmroeder said:
Here is a sample of what we do

Our tag, Time[0], is an array of 7 Dints.

GSV.jpg

Dang, I'm not very good at the interweb. I had a pic in here at one point, I even previewed it to make sure it worked. Now my work is banning me from photobucket, so I can't fix it.

To add to what Mike said, the Attribute needs to be "DATETIME" in version 15 or below and "LocalDateTime" in version 16.

dmroeder said:
Now I'm a super bewbie, I can see the pic on my neighbor's PC, but not mine. :(

Forget I was ever talking...

Time for the sledge hammer. Why did AB change the #&$@#^ Attribute name? I haven't upgraded to V16 (working on two projects and didn't want to hose anything up) yet. My rep told me that 17 is coming... 16 just got here. <insert standard complaint about retarded software pricing and upgrade policies here>

dmroeder said:
Now my work is banning me from photobucket, so I can't fix it.

You can upload pictures for threads on this site directly to this site and Phil will host them. If you scroll down a bit in the advanced posting screen there is a button to attach pictures. Browse to the picture file on your computer and click upload. After a successful upload you will get a popup with the BB code to cut and paste into your post. You will have to have your browser enabled to allow popups for this site.