Micrologix 1200 and AIC

Jezz

Hi all,
what I'am wanting to do is conect a Micrologix 1200 to a DH485 network and leave the standard 9 pin RS232 on the AIC free for acess to the network via a AB1747-CP3 cable I sure it'll work but just would like to check..

Jezz :)

[rainbow]Insert sig here[/rainbow]

Jezz,

I don't know about the MicroLogix 1200, but I think I did something similar lately and it worked. I connected a CompactLogix to an AIC+ on the DIN-connector with a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable. I used the DIN-connector on the AIC+ to hook up my PC to the PLC.

Kind regards,

From the AIC+ manual.

Here's a shot of what you're trying to do.
I would bet the ML1000 comm port works the same as the ML1200.
But, here lately, I seem to be wrong more than I am right. bawling

aic+.gif

LT's spot on: the setup works as he shows it above.

Here's one caveat; the MicroLogix 1200 has a deeply recessed serial port, and you need a Series C cable to fit into the plastic around the plug. It's meant to make the cable flush with the controller surface and more difficult to accidentally dislodge.

Any cable ordered new will be a Series C, and earlier ones will work; they just need some doctoring with a pocketknife.