help!! draw rungs of logic to set N7:1 to 14 decimal??

Mike6158 said:
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary. Those that do and those that do not.

Thats what people keep saying, but they never mention what the other 8 people do.

Originally Posted by Mike6158
There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary. Those that do and those that do not.

Thats what people keep saying, but they never mention what the other 8 people do.

"Would you like some fries with that shake."

Help??

Why not just help the guy out? I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks and what I really liked was that people who knew more about a particular subject actually helped.
Not knowing his particular circumstance...fries with that? Is that really necessary?

mrpacijr: use the MOV instruction (MOV 14 N7:1)

I got the impression, probably the wrong impression that he was trying to answer a test question which required him to populate the integer using bit logic.

I was steering him towards that and hoping he would discover it on his own, rather than just spitting out the answer so he would learn nothing.

Now, you tell me, which is more help to the student?

Why not just help the guy out? I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks and what I really liked was that people who knew more about a particular subject actually helped.
Not knowing his particular circumstance...fries with that? Is that really necessary?

You mentioned you had been here a couple of weeks, a lot of us have been here a few years now. Time after time, we get students and they want us to do the work for them and they show no effort on their part to even begin to try to figure it out. So after awhile, we get a little flippant with our remarks. If the above inquirer had shown a little effort on his part, he could have searched the forums here or even clicked on the learn plcs link at the top.

If he was still stuck and posted the code that he has so far, most of us will then help.

ttichy said:

mrpacijr: use the MOV instruction (MOV 14 N7:1)

OK- here's some help. Get your hands on the book titled Code. I don't have it handy and I don't remember who the author is. Amazon sells it.

Some answers in here remind me of something I heard years ago:

What is the difference between GOD and PLC programmers?

Answer: GOD does not think he is a PLC programmer

almshouse said:
Some answers in here remind me of something I heard years ago:

What is the difference between GOD and PLC programmers?

Answer: GOD does not think he is a PLC programmer

Give him the answer if you don't like ours.

Personally, I took it like he was a student looking for a quick answer. He won't learn anything by doing that. If he's not a student then he needs to post what he has done and someone here will help him through his problem.

If you observe his question:

mrpacijr said:
anybody know how to draw rungs of logic to set n7:1 to 14 decimal. this is probably simple?? HELP??

My answer would be: YES.

Now if (s)he were to pose the question as a question with honest effort in attempting to solve the problem, then the response may be different.