Mits FX1S counter Question

gosenbach

Hello,
I am doing a special project with a Mitsubishi FX1S. This is the first time I have ever done anything with a Mits PLC and I am trying to get used to the GX Devloper FX software and I am having a bit of a problem. A very simple problem but I am banging my head against the wall.

I want to use X0 as a HSC. So according to the manual, I need to use counter C235. I want to count when M13 is on. According the the manual, I should just need a rung:
M13
|--| |----------(C235)--|

However the software will not let me put C235 in the coil. In fact, it will not let me put ANY C in the coil. I know I am missing something. Can anyone please point me in the correct direction here? Thanks!

Greg

Figured it out. I needed to enter it as:

|--| |---------(C235 K5000)--|

The manual is not very clear on requiring a K value for enabling a HSC.

The value does not need to be a K, but the value is the preset for the counter. So it is required that something is placed there as a preset. You can't code a counter or a timer without a preset.