Anemometer

never seen one hooked up but I would not be surprised if there are some out there running on PLC's particularly in applications where you would want to alter sail position (Ie one Japanese ship that automatically alters its sails to wind direction for optimum thrust) or on wind generators for the same reason. It should be fairly simple to set up and scale in your program

Yes.i have used one to monitor windspeeds and raise/lower curtains in a cowhouse of a dairy farm.

The output from the sensor is 0-5vdc which i connected to the PLC ( Twido)..and beyond a set output the curtains go up.

Good luck.

OT....PLCSOFTVSD, what part of India are you from? I was PCV in Punjab back in the early 1970's, teaching farming, and worked with P.A.U. in Ludhiana.

David....Merra nam Daljet Singh....

Anemometer to PLC

A little slow in catching up to threads...sorry. Here at our wind farm we use various brands and types of anemometers on our turbines, either because of standard equipment differences or the old 'guy before me' argument. But a very user friendly one that you might want to consider is from NRG. They make them that use Hall Effect switches (2 per revolution) and we've written code to compute wind speed from the impulses. We are using A-D D0-06 PLCs with the LCD display and it works fine directly into the inputs of the PLC. If anyone needs anymore info just let me know.

Bob

You may be artificially restricting your choices. To me anemometer implies either the cup type or hot wire. I think Davis Instruments has both, and they probably have standard models that include analog output in 4-20 mA or 0-5 VDC.

Other choices could be a plain pitot tube with the right low range transmitter, or on higher cost scale thermal mass flow meters like FCI, Kurz, or Sage Metering.