Siemens CP5511/CP5512

newasun

Hi,

I'm working with following settings:

CPU 319-3 PN/DP
CP5511/CP5512
WindowXP professional
Siemens S7 V5.4

It was working all fine until I switched to new laptop.
Now, I can't connect S7 with CPU through CP5511.
Error is as follows with display accessible nodes

Error code 33:17106 -> Communication link to the adapter damaged

Do I have to replace the CP5511 or its a setting problem.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Are you saying that the CP5511 dont work, but the CP5512 do work ?
Did the CP5511 ever work on the other laptop ?

Apart from that, unless you have some diagnostics to do on Profibus, why dont you just enjoy the ethernet port in the 319 CPU ? Much simpler than using the CP5511/12.

Hi there
It sometimes happens that if you CPU and laptop are connected to two diffrent power source because of which there may be significiant earth leakage current which can damage your card or laptop port.

I did received the message "Communication link to the adapter damaged" once in a PC adapter card, and it did not worked after that !!

Try the CP5511 in another PC. If it does not work in that PC either, then it has gone to electronic heaven.

If it does work, in the other PC, then it is one of those inexplicable things. As I said, why not use ethernet ?

want to know how many plc get connected

hi
how many plcs get connected in a daisy chain
with one cp5512 card

Try the CP5511 in another PC. If it does not work in that PC either, then it has gone to electronic heaven.

If it does work, in the other PC, then it is one of those inexplicable things. As I said, why not use ethernet ?

The CP5511 card is a 16bit card and isn't supported under WinXP; having said that, I've been using one for years with WinXP. It isn't uncommon for them to be working one day and then suddenly they don't work any more.

The CP5512 card is 32 bit card and is supported under XP. This should work OK.

My new laptop is running an XP virtual machine under Windows7 but I can't get the virtual machine to support the PCMCIA cards at all :(

Nick

Are you using the right dongle? A 5512 dongle will work with either a 5511 or 5512 but a 5511 dongle won't work with a 5512.

I found this out the hard way a couple years back. I pulled out a lot of hair trying to figure out why my CP5512 wasn't working, and it turned out I was trying to use a dongle from a CP5511. Unless you look closely at the label they look the same. As I recall this was the same error message.