Analog absolute address for Mitsubishi FX3U?

werder85

Has anyone here worked with a Mitsubishi PLC with analog inputs and outputs?
I'm kind of a newbie and haven't yet discovered how to do this.
Thanks a lot!

Which analog modules? Typically the modules which connect on the right side bus require FROM instructions to read the analogs from the modules. Each module has internal memory and FROM is used to read it into PLC. There is no default addresses for the modules on the right side bus.

Get the manuals for the PLC and the analog modules you're using, you'll see what I mean.

Well, to be honost, the faculty where I'm studying has received this PLC, and since where on Christmas holiday, I can't tell you exactly what kind of PLC it is.
The PLC+module looked like one whole piece, that's why I said that there is no extension module. I know it's got 4 analog inputs and one or two analog outputs.
Me and a colleague of me need to find out how it works and we got stuck on the analog part...
I'll try to find out more about the PLC.

None of the Mitsubishi PLCs have built in analog. It's always an additional module. If it's an FX3U, they offer modules that connect right onto the left side of the PLC, which might look like part of the PLC. But those modules are either 4 inputs or 4 outputs, not a couple outputs. On the right side extension bus they make 2,4, or 8 point input modules and 2 or 4 point outputs. They also offer 2 combo modules, 2in/1out ot 4in/1out.

If it's an FX3U, get the FX3U User's Manual Analog Edition and if it's on the right side, get the manual for the specific analog module. Right side uses TO/FROM instructions, left side addresses automatically.

Well, I won't be able to see the PLC until January the 7th, but I'm sure it's on the right side. So I'll have to use TO/FROM instructions.
What do you mean by 2,4, or 8 point input modules and 2 or 4 point outputs?
Thanks a lot!

Number of analog channels per module. You really should download a couple of manuals and look them over, that way you're more informed when Jan 7 comes around and you can see what you'ev got.