wincc or S7 300 time of day

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I'm stumped again. I would like to set up my Wincc 2005 advanced to goto a specific screen every hour. Or bring up a button everyhour letting the operators know to check there parts. I can't seem to figure out how to get the time on the PLC or the wincc. I can display the system time in an output window but that isn't tied into any tags. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks,
-Joel

There is SFC1 'REAL_CLK' program who returns DATE_AND_TIME type
variable in S7-300 plc
. In one byte have bcd-coded hours.

Hello Joltron;

I would use code like this in the PLC to read the hour value; detect when it changes, and use it as a trigger for a "PLC Job" in the WinCC application:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=31799&highlight=S7+date_and_time

In Protool we used a PLC Job 51 (using Area Pointers) that changed the panel screen based on an integer value in the PLC program. Here is how this functionnality has been implemented inn WinCC flexible:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/24372078

Once you know how to trigger a screen number change on the panel, combine the two operations so you can write the new hour value to the PLC job mailbox; then you can force screen change at hourly triggers.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Is the date and time variable type usuable in Ladder? Thats where my issue comes in. I don't know STL vary well. I tried using the Read_CLK command but couldn't get a correct data type for it to be accepted.

hello Joltron;

To use a DATE_AND_TIME variable, create it inside a DB (it is longer than the 4 bytes limit that can be used with M-flag).Also make sure that this DB recieves a symbolic name (in the Symbols editor); that way you can use symbolic addressing for the DATE_AND_TIME variable. This way it can be used in your program.
There are more information on the different Data Types in the Online Help of Step 7.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks for all your help guys. Ended up going with the scheduler. Didn't even know that was there. It works great.

Yes a lot of people miss it...it's the easiest way to handle clock functions (at least I think so). have customers who need to log stuff at various increments of minutes. I use the scheduler to invert a flag and then run a script which gets called on change of flag. In script you can now count and get any duration you want of minutes etc.

Nick

hi any time to trying to install sematic manager vertion 5.4 was asking me about auothrization i installed athorization of 5.2 instate of 5.4 is that the problem.

thank UUU