Red Lion G310 mouse

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if the G310 can have a moused attached via the USB port to aid with operator navigation?

We are developing a pilot 'canned' package around the G310, and this is one feature a salesman has asked as an optional requirement.

Others must ask the same question, as I know the PV+ can use a USB mouse

I'm fairly certain that the USB port is for upload/download only, so a mouse would probably not work.

It may be possible to connect an old mouse to one of the serial ports and use the raw serial drivers to communicate with it, but it would require lots of programming and kludging and I'm absolutely certain that it's not worth the time and effort.

> Does anyone know if the G310 can have a moused attached
> via the USB port to aid with operator navigation?

Yep. I know. The answer is, I'm afraid, no. The USB port on the G3 is a slave only, and can't accept a mouse. Like Koylur says, a serial mouse could be made to work with a lot of work, but I'm not sure it would be a good solution. Sorry. Please feel free to call our Tech Support folks to talk through your application to see if they can figure out another solution for you...

MikeGranby said:
> Does anyone know if the G310 can have a moused attached
> via the USB port to aid with operator navigation?

Yep. I know. The answer is, I'm afraid, no. The USB port on the G3 is a slave only, and can't accept a mouse. Like Koylur says, a serial mouse could be made to work with a lot of work, but I'm not sure it would be a good solution. Sorry. Please feel free to call our Tech Support folks to talk through your application to see if they can figure out another solution for you...

OK
Thanks.

As I stated this was a request put forth by one of our sales guys. Up until a few weeks ago I did not know a PV+ could support a mouse