fuzzy logic with PLC

fuzzy logic can be described in this fashion take a glass of water when the cup is full do not pump when the cup is empty pump at its fastest rate when its half full pump at a lesser rate. pretty much all PLC's can do this its a matter of programming the logic see Jack Hughes book on this webpage there is a chapter in it on thesubject

Interesting thread on MrPLC. Our company recently had a two day course from Rockwell on advanced process control. One of the subjects was their new FuzzyDesigner add on package for RSL5000. We did a lab where we configured fuzzy logic to control PID parameters in a non-linear heating/cooling system. It worked very well, but... the PID parameters were changing on-the-fly. My first question was "What if it was NOT working well? Then what?" There were so many things to adjust!!

Here is a white paper on fuzzy logic with examples specifically geared towards RSL5000 and FuzzyDesigner.

http://resource.controleng.com/contents/pdf/CTLRCWP092507.pdf