ControLogix Control net gateway

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I've got a communications issue with a controlNet gateway.

We're using a ControlNet gateway to connect islands of automation.

All data to be passed is read by the controller that needs the data. There is no scheduled data going through the gateway. 25 PLCs communicate through the gateway at any time.

The gateway has the following configuration:

Slot 1: 1756-ENBT
Slot 2: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11
Slot 3: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11
Slot 4: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11
Slot 5: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11
Slot 6: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11
Slot 7: 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11

All L62 and L63 PLC control net modules are 1756-CNB/E - Rev 11.
There are a few CompactLogix. The communications time-slice
is set to 40% for all PLCs.

The 1st DINT in all communications blocks is a constantly changing watchdog value. This value is monitored by the reading
PLC in order to see if communications hang up.

The problem is that communications occasionally stop for more than 10 seconds. By monitoring the watchdog we can see that
the data typically updates every 300-400 ms (worst case).

I'd appreciate any help that anyone could provide.

Thanks,

(8{)} :) .)

(Yosi)