Sourcing a Switching Source

Prince

I know I know! it is not related to PLCs but my brother (who is a network pro)asked me this and as I am just a poor softwarist I am mirroiring the question to the professionals.

Their Network center is consis of some AC fed servers which are supplied by a group of inverters inverting a DC bus source voltage for this purposes. (due to some supply backup and protections they normally implement it like that in their bussiness) and now their inverter supply fails after they use more than 65% of the invertor rating. after their complaint to manufacturer.they told them that as they are using these inverters to feed switching AC power of the Servers the shape of the Output current will disfigure in a way because of surges and shocks that they can not use the full capacity of the inverters and as always they must buy more...

and here is his question "Are they saying right? or they are just technically deceiving us? is there a way out of this? what ratio can be used for the supplying inverter?"

Last edited:
I know that the way that UPS's (uninterruptable power supplies) are specified, they can not put out the power specified for longer than very short periods of time.

I would guess that your inverters are a victem of the same shoddy advertising scheme.