Intouch Alarm problem

liubing

Merry Christmas!

It’s common use “AlarmComment” to display the alarm comment when define the Tags, but we have a Germany machine, I noticed in “Tagdictionary “ all tags have no alarm comments, I searched in harddisk, found some database files(.CSV),these files do included all alarm comments, because some of the comments are not correct so I have to make some modifications.

The problem is how to define these database files and how to link them with Intouch alarm display , so we can see the comments define in database files instead of “AlarmComment”?

Thanks!

How to use these CSV files will depend on how they're being used.

If they are DBDUMP files, then you need to DBLOAD them back. This would be of a standard format that is created by the WonderWare DBDUMP application, but can be modified by any spreadsheet or text editor.

If they are somehow being accessed by a script, all you need to do is to put them back into the original folder. Even though it is just a text file, it would be a custom data format, so I can't even begin to tell you how the author intended it to be used without having a look at the application itself.

Without more information about the inner workings of your application or about the CSV file, it's pretty difficult to tell you exactly what you need to do.

Find out how InTouch uses files by making changes the "normal" way and then look at the generated files. IT is not forgiving if you make any errors when you change or edit an .csv.

Just to make sure you don't screw up what you have, and if you think the comments you found are correct, add a comment in Windomaker, then dump your database to csv. Add the comments from the other file using Excel.

That way, you can see where the comments go in the file.

thanks

Thanks for helping me,the following is the program structure,the project name is"BOS219",the alarm comments includede in bos1.csv,if i made some changs in bos1.csv(open with Execl),i can see the changed comments in alarm display.

BOS219---bitmaps
Data
Doku
Html--------bilder
Sops daten-------bos0.csv
.deh draws bos1.csv
.kbk progr bos11.csv
. .text dat0.csv
. .htm .
. .htm .
. . .
. . .
i just want to know how can i define the data base files in very begining,so i can use the comments in data base files insted of tags alarm comments in tag dictionary.

Thanks!

sorry,the program structure should as follow:
SC4_intouch01.jpg