Convert + Swap values from dec to hex

AmazingTrans

Gurus,

I have a question for rslogix 5000, is there any command that can convert dec to hex value and then swap the bits around?
For example:

22000(dec) -convert-> 00035B60(HEX) -swap-> 03 00 60 5B

any idea what is the best solution for this?

Thanks

It will take some work, but I would suggest trying a BTD or MVM command on the source tag to setup seperate tags for each octet, then rearranging in the order you prefer back into a destination tag.

That is the great thing about this forum. I have never used this function and didn't find it during a quick view of the instruction help. I always learn something new hare.

You don't need to convert the value from decimal to hexadecimal, you just view it differently by changing the view radix in the RSLogix 5000 tag database.

Mark is right on with the Swap Bytes (SWPB) instruction in "High/Low" mode. That swaps the bytes of the High Word and the Low Word of a DINT tag individually.