Mitsubishi FX3U Ethernet and Internet

cadomanis

My setup is as follows:

FX3U PLC with ENET module. IP address 192.168.100.201. Have a Melsoft connection set for connection 4.

Router: LAN side IP 192.168.100.1 WAN side IP – dynamically assigned, though I can get it from the router.

PC – connected to internet and can make a connection to WAN side of router. I have proven this capability by having the PC connect through the router the the e-terminal that is also behind the router. I would like to be using MX-Component on the PLC with a connection setup for the PLC such that I can have an excel sheet that will read up the value of approximately 28000 file registers.

The trouble I am having is that because the devices are on either side of the router, I have to create a path by which MX compoennet understands where to find the FX3U. As I stated above, I have proven this concept by enabling the remote access service on the e-terminal. I then have setup in the router a port forward for port 5900 – the one the remote access function is set to use – to the address of the e-terminal so that all traffic on port 5900 automatically goes to the e-terminal. I am able with no problem then to enter the router’s WAN address in the the remote access viewer and get connected directly to the e-terminal. The trouble I am having with MX component is that there is only a place to assign an IP address and not a port numer. If I knew what port the MX Component was going to use, I think the same forwarding system would work to allow me to connect. Are these port numbers known?

I had originally thought that MX component used MC protocol so I tried setting up an MC conection with a know port number, but I can’t seem to make a connection.

At the end of the day, what I am ultimately trying to do is get a whole bunch of log data out of the plc each day. I could probably get the email function working to do this, but it feels less elegant than just connecting to the plc and bringing the log data right into excel.

Another thought was to somehow write the file register data onto the memory card of the E1101 as a recipe. I would then read the files off the memory card via FTP. this is just an idea, not sure if it is even possible, but I have connected to e-teminals with FTP, so thought it might be easier,

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Chuck

Dear Chuck

we are also facing a similar issue, plz help if you can , we are trying to access the data on PLC using MC Protocol (default port no is 10000), we are able to change the parameters using VB Code in local intranet with ip address as 192.168.1.244 and port no 10000,

Now we have setup a public static ip for our router and did port forwarding , i.e. port 83 on the router will forward to port 10000 on PLC. but we see the port is not getting opened. thus unable to access the application from internet. The same application works fine in intranet with local ip address, but over internet with public IP , it not accessible, Please let us know if there is any setting needed for accessing from internet