to a fan application ,but I need to use a drive that is for another
project, and I am using a Master/Slave. How can I delete the IPOS
section so it does not look for the encoder. I am at another
location, and the cable and adapter are not availible.I only have
the keypad. I chose 802 Factory Settings ,but it is still looking
for an encoder.

Thanks in advance,

Not sure if you can via the keypad...

But something you may want to look into, I have hook direct to a Movidine before (not sure if you can with the Movidrive) the Movidine had both 485 and 232, the 232 were under the face plate.

Can you remove the IPOS card? on the older ones they were a add on, if you removed the card it was a just a drive (with out positioning)
These are just WAG's can you post you exact part number/model it may help