cp 341 communication

Amr Hassan

HI

iam trying to establish link betwee hyper terminal and cp 341 422/485 version , ia m using 485/422to 232 convertor

i am using fb 7, 8

i am trying to send data but all i receive on the hyper terminal is STX,STX,......

What would be the cause ? is the cp expecting a reply from the hyper terminal ? is there a way to just dump the data from plc to the ht ?

Sorry to interrupt, what if the protocol use for this cp341 is Modbus Master? Is RS 422/485 convertor to RS 232 really need to be bought at siemens, i mean is there a way to make the connnections/connector?

Hi Hassan
There is project CP340.zip in download section (Siemens) of this website.
There is a readme.txt go through it. And its about establishing connection between Laptop->PLC-->CP340 via hyperterminal
CP340 and CP341 are almost one ans same.