ge-fanuc proficy problems

skycraps

Some of my collegue and myself have been working with ge-fanuc proficy machine edition 5.70 sims2 for some weeks now and we've found some strange things going around...

1) Sometime (but not always) when working online and doing a "word for word" exchange or after a download, the logic becomes "not equal".

Each time this happens, we upload the logic and found out that the some (or all) of the "word for word exchange" did'nt happen.

Any clue or way to fix/go around this problem?

2) After uploading from a Quickpanel 10.5" TFT Color (QPICxxxxxxx), all the plc's variables used in the panel have been duplicated and renamed with a VPro_ in front of them. Since that we can't use plc's variable in panel interfaces (button, indicator, etc.) anymore, only panel's variable are accepted. So we need to create a second variable, pointing to the same reference adress to activate things, any hint?

thanks for your time!

1) Sometime (but not always) when working online and doing a "word for word" exchange or after a download, the logic becomes "not equal".

I have noticed this problem once in a while when doing an online word for word exchange while connected to the ethernet port via an ethernet switch. This particular switch has three Red Lion OITs, the PLC Ethernet Module and a LAN connection. Recently, I have been connecting my programming cable directly to the free ethernet port on the ETM001 module and I have not had any issue.

Also, Proficy 5.8 is now available.

Best regards

PME Version 5.7 has updates available. First, download and install SP1. Then, download and install SIM 9. Both are available from the GE Support website.

I'm not positive, but I think somewhere in there the problem you describe was addressed. By updating, it may help.