PID algorithm

ggchavhan

Hi,

I am using low cost Delta PLC DVP 14SS, I want to use a PID loop, as per PID instruction, during testing of the program, I found that on error present for the time output is not going to integrate, I tried no of options, but still I am held on same point INTEGRATION of output.
Now I am thinking to program the PID algorithm, secondly this PLC doesnot support floating points. I need help for writing code for PID process using only Integers. If any of friend can suggest me PID algorithum, I will be very grateful.

GAJANAN

You can get the old GE Series Six PID program here:

http://application.gefanuc.com/support/plc/downloads/SSix/s6pid.zip

It doesn't support floating point math, so it might be just what you are looking for.

You will need someone to load it up in LM6 and create a printout for you. I'll see if I can get my hands on an old WorkMaker (WorkMaster) and do that for you.

Beware, there are two bugs in the program. The first one I've forgotten, but it should be covered in the program (GE was aware of this one).

The second one was that the "I" part of the PID subroutine would wrap around and reset itself to zero if the setpoint was never achieved (discovered by yours truely - the hard way).

Of course, it would help if you knew Series Six programming... :)

PM me if you want a hand with it.

have you dowloaded and Delta's PLC Application Manual?

for which purpose do you need the PID for?
there are several registers need to be setup for you to be able to use the PID...