PLCs and stepper motors

Jon R

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to use stepper motors to adjust the angle of an HMI screen mounted in a box on the desk.

I am using a Twido PLC, and could do the code, but I have no knowledge of stepper motors. Is this the best way to go? What hardware would I need to control it.

Regards,

Jon.

Stepper Motors

Try these people. Their products are very well priced. You will need a motor and driver that will accept a high frequency pulse (step) signal and a direction signal. I have used one of their small drivers with a Mits plc. You will need transistor outputs on your plc. If they are 24V then you will need a resistor in series with the input to the driver to limit the current, other wise you could use 5V on the common of yout pulse output and direction signal.

They have a linear stepper motor that you may be able to use to push and pull the screen if it is hinged at the top.

http://www.motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

I have found them to be helpful.

Stepmotor (especially on lower rpm) is a source of severe vibration which may harm your HMI.
On the other hand, it looks overkill for the application as it may cost along with the drive more than the HMI itself.
I would consider subfractional DC gearmotor.

i think

dear
do u have stepper motor if not arrange it actually to run stepper motor we have to give digital coads to it we you buy stepper motor with cataloge it is mentioned what is its step combination coad mostly stepper motors need 4 bit , 0ne byte combination . you just have to programe that coads in your plc according to your requirment and if their is differnce b/w plc out put and motor input you can use any thing that is available in your site