connect pc to Allen Bradly plc5

kakil

hi guys
i have pc contain all Rockwellsoftware but i dont know
how i connect this pc to the our plc5 and making online
and i dont have any cable type for this ?
please help me

PLC-5's can communicate by several different protocols, ethernet, serial, DH+, CNet. It all depends on which model PLC-5 you have.

If you can give us the model of your PLC-5, we can help you determine what your options are.

Hi
iam sorry i dont know the module plc-5 but
I saw the expert man connect the laptop by using the pcmic card that its inthe side of the laptop and other cable side that connect to the plc-5 was ethenet but now we dont have this cable
I am asking if this communication need liceniece? or directly connection. can you give me the method of the conction

The pcmcia card is used to connect via DH+, the pcmcia cards are quite expensive. If your processor has an ethernet port you can connect via ethernet, no additional hardware required, but you will need to know the IP address of the PLC. I think all the PLC-5's that have ethernet also have a serial port. So the easiest way may be via serial connection, but it will be somewhat slower. You can also use the serial connection to determine the IP address.

Do you have a backup copy of the PLC program, the IP address can be gotten from there as well.

If you've never done any of this, it may be best to have someone from the outside come in and go over it the first time. It will save a lot of headaches. Ask lots of questions, and take good notes.

Do PLC-5s come with BOOTP functionality? Just wondering if that is a possible solution to assigning the IP if he doesn't know it.

Yes, they have BOOTP, BUT changing the IP address "randomly" may very well screw up any other ethernet connections that are already configured to that processor... It would depend on the rest of the system.