opc sever installation and configuration

farrei

my comany give me the task to comunicate with Supcon DCS system with ABB QCS System that have TCP/IP protocol and OPC clint
i have to install opc server with hub data tunnelling i have no idea because i am new with opc server any body have any literature
please i need to do that in urgent

thanks in advance

Have a look at matrikon we use matrikon's opc server and tunneler. I think their web-site is www.matrikon.com but you should also try searching the internet because there are probably more companies out there that have similar products.

Using an OPC tunneler is a great (simple) way to go. Trying to do COM over a TCP/IP network is a huge nightmare in dealing with Windows security and the fact that it uses dynamic port allocation with a wide range. Once the tunneler is configured on each end to securely communicate over a single port, it's just like setting up the OPC connection locally, which is something that you'll have to figure out based on the packages you're using, but should be trivially simple.

I guess, its very easy to connect with supcon OPC server, OPC is a high level communication protocol, convenience to config and use.