S7 to S5 via Sinec L1

Bobbeh

Hi,

I am working on a job that requires us to connect a S7-416 to an S5-943 that has an Sinec L1 connection.
The S5 is the slave and the S7-416 will replace an S5 currently installed to become the master.
Ideally I would like to connect to the S5 using ethernet and then use a converter to get the comms into the Sinec L1 protocol.

The problem is I am not allowed to touch the S5-493 but I have been given the db address that I need to pass data into and the data that needs passing.

A bit of research has led me to this conveter
http://www.comsoft.de/html/icpe/products/sinecl1/snl2e.htm

I was wondering if someone has done this type of conversion before or has used Sinec L1 on a S5. If I send data to the S5 will it automatically receive it in a specified datablock in the same way an S7 does or do I have to somehow manually address it?

Many thanks

Bob.

I will only be sending 4 bytes but I will be receiving 54 bytes.

As far as I'm aware the maximum you can send and receive is 64 bytes so I should be ok

Bobbeh said:
Hi,

I am working on a job that requires us to connect a S7-416 to an S5-943 that has an Sinec L1 connection.
The S5 is the slave and the S7-416 will replace an S5 currently installed to become the master.
Ideally I would like to connect to the S5 using ethernet and then use a converter to get the comms into the Sinec L1 protocol.

The problem is I am not allowed to touch the S5-493 but I have been given the db address that I need to pass data into and the data that needs passing.

A bit of research has led me to this conveter
http://www.comsoft.de/html/icpe/products/sinecl1/snl2e.htm

I was wondering if someone has done this type of conversion before or has used Sinec L1 on a S5. If I send data to the S5 will it automatically receive it in a specified datablock in the same way an S7 does or do I have to somehow manually address it?

Many thanks

Bob.

This may not help you directly, but we had an application last year with S-300s having to interface to S5-942s.
The application called for TP730s and we used the ethernet port to interface to the S7 and the AS511 port to interface to the S5.
TP had WinCC Flex and through scripting , the TP acted as a gateway

I hate using HMI as gateways, but it has been reliable.