Logcmaster

darkest_shade

i wanna communicate with one PLC GE Fanuc (CPU331) but unfortunely
i cannot, i´ve tried a lot,

i have the right cable, right configuration, cuse i tried with other 2 laptop´s and work,

what is extrange is that my boss and y test my laptop and other with the hyperterminal, and communicate!!!!

i close rslinx, simatic, and all programs the uses com1 this laptop have.

well hope some can help

regards ROGELIO G P

What software are you using.

Edit(I mean what is your firmware or revision)

If your Firmware on your CPU is 10 or greater you have to use a different software it's been a while since I upgrade our software but I've been using Cimplicity Machine Edition I think they call it something else now.

Last edited:
Don't just close RSLinx, you have to STOP RSLinx.

Start > Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Launch Control Panel. Use this program to really stop Linx. On occasion, I also have to go to control panel and uninstall/reinstall my serial port because RSLinx doesn't always release control...

thanx ozee, i try what you said shut down rslinx from the controlpanel, uninstall and install com1 but does´nt work.

magicsmoke i´ll try what you said, but i dont think that cpu have 10 or far firmware, by the way how can i check the firmware???
my boss said that it have version 8. something.

well lets check it tomorow =3

thanx to all

Are you sure Logicmaster is trying to communicate through COM1? Once you have entered either the Programming or Configuration portion of Logicmaster, hit F7 (setup) the F4 (comset) to check. Default is COM1, 19200 baud, odd parity 1 stop bit.

Is the serial communications driver being loaded properly? Is Logicmaster trying to communicate serially? From the main menu before you enter Programming or Configuration, hit F9 (setup) then F4 (comm) to check. Mine is set for "Communication Device: Serial Port" and "Driver Memeory Area: Automatic"

Is the COM1 port on you computer using standard resource allocation? IRQ4, IO range 03F8 - 03FF

Are you sure Logicmaster is trying to communicate through COM1? Once you have entered either the Programming or Configuration portion of Logicmaster, hit F7 (setup) the F4 (comset) to check. Default is COM1, 19200 baud, odd parity 1 stop bit.

Is the serial communications driver being loaded properly? Is Logicmaster trying to communicate serially? From the main menu before you enter Programming or Configuration, hit F9 (setup) then F4 (comm) to check. Mine is set for "Communication Device: Serial Port" and "Driver Memeory Area: Automatic"
all this is ok

Is the COM1 port on you computer using standard resource allocation? IRQ4, IO range 03F8 - 03FF

sorry, how can i check this????

maybe this is the problem.

thanks Steve Bailey
icon10.gif

Back
Top Bottom