Step 5 comments

dugmick

Is there a means to extract / export comments from a Step 5 program and insert / import them into another program? I have some programs that have no comments, and I have some on floppy that do have the comments, but I need to be able to put them together somehow. Is it possible??

Thanks

Can you go online with the older version that has the comments then upload using that file/program ?

Just a thought... as I don't use Step5 anymore for S5's, I use 'S5 for Windows' and you can do just that with it, but not sure with Step5

EDIT: Just remembering... you have to load the comment file, so you can just load the other comment file when you are setting up your programm, by using the tabs.. I think

Last edited:
The comments are in separate blocks. You can copy these block independantly. For OB1 the rung titles and instruction comments are in OK1, the rung comment is in #OBDO.001. For PB1, this is PK1 and #PBDO.001 respectively, for PBn you'll find PKn and #PBDO.nnn, for FBn there's FKn and #FBDO.nnn and so on, where 'n' is without and 'nnn' is with leading zeroes.

Kind regards,

Hi Dugmick.

To view the comments you need to load the floppy. If you are just viewing the programme in the PLC then the comments don't exist.

Are the various programme codes identical? What i mean is, have the Disks with no comments been made by transferring the code from the PLC to the Disk. If this is the case, then that will be the reason why there are no comments on them Disks.

If you do a Comparison between the Disk with the comments and the running programme and there are no discrepancies, then you can make a copy with the comments, by copying the Disk with the comments onto the Hard-drive and then copying that to the Floppy so that you transfer the comments.

However, if there is discrepancies then you will have to get them both the same by hand.

Hope this helps a little.

Steve.

Hi Dugmick.

To view the comments you need to load the floppy. If you are just viewing the programme in the PLC then the comments don't exist.

Are the various programme codes identical? What i mean is, have the Disks with no comments been made by transferring the code from the PLC to the Disk. If this is the case, then that will be the reason why there are no comments on them Disks.

If you do a Comparison between the Disk with the comments and the running programme and there are no discrepancies, then you can make a copy with the comments, by copying the Disk with the comments onto the Hard-drive and then copying that to the Floppy so that you transfer the comments.

However, if there is discrepancies then you will have to get them both the same by hand.

Hope this helps a little.

Steve.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited: