scada

I need the cheap solution to made an data entry for a several modicon momentum plc in modbus on a plant.
I know how to use MSAccess database and visual basica in access, and my idea is to put a pc to made the data entry. Don´t speak about displays , because they are expensive, not allowed and I hate them. The solution must be flexible and use some old pc´s.
I´ve heard about ingear and other´s , but I´m confuse because is too many and I can´t know whta they offer.

If you could help me?!

It´s not possible that I can´t get a free version of a scada system
(It is so close and restrict? A price for 16 tag´s and other to 32, please save me).

If that´s not possible, them I just need to comunicate with the plc´s and put the registers accesible´s in a access database where I can read and wright and them I do the rest.

Modbus is an open and free protocol. Have a look on EBay
( www.ebay.com ) as I am sure someone has written something to access registers through that protocol and has it for sale. Regards Alan

Modicon offered a software/driver package called Modlink. The part number was 352SMD493xx.

This package provided a DDE Manager for linking Windows95/NT4/98 applications to standard Modbus devices. I don't know if it is still available.