Ethernet card for a SLC 5/04

saravan

Does anyone know of a third party that manufactures an ethernet card that can be inserted into a SLC 5/04 PLC chassis and talk through the backplane?

Thanks
Saravan

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/399

It allows the SLC to communicate with E-net devices.

It appears as an IO module and you exchange information with it through your ladder program.

You cannot program the SLC over the backplane through it. Its not the module with this limitation, its the SLC backplane. However the module has a serial port that can be connected to the 5/04's serial port to allow you program access over ethernet.

mitsubishi digital to analog converter (a1s62da)

hi everybody,

Can anyone help me with my problem. I have a machine with a digital to analog converter (0 to 10vdc), its a taiwan made converter. When it was damaged, I could not buy a replacement from taiwan coz according to the machine maker the part had been phased out. So i tried to convert it using a Mitsubishi D/A, using 0 to 10vdc (A1S62DA). The machine has a rotary digital switch like a feedrate switch which is used to input the digital value to the plc and the D/A outputs the corresponding analog value. This D/A converter is controlling a fanuc velocity control (servo amp). I have no problem outputing the desired analog signal, I used voltmeter to check it. But the problem is that the fanuc velocity control always generates an alarm (TG and OVC) during the operation. I can understand why and what did i missed to consider. Does the velocity control needs to be calibrated as well? I have no idea.

I need help for this and thanks in advance.

James

If the DF1 port is open there are devices out there that will take DF1 and put it on Ethernet which then could feed that up to your SCADA system, maybe via ModbusTCP or OPC.

Joe_WaZoo

AB has a module that mounts on DIN rail. It is connected to the plc via the serial port. It is a 1761-NET-AIC.

You can program, go online, or read info thru it. From what I have heard, it has limits on trafic, but I don't know what they are.

Currently, I use one now on a SLC 5/03, and am running a small application from a PV+ 1000, and it works great.

Net ENI

I have several NET ENIs on line with ML1500s. I have read several posts about using too many ENIs at a time for messaging, but for my applications I am using them to get information from the ML1500s to a SLC 5/05 controlling the automation for a material handling system. The process is slow so I use a timer with LIM instructions to MSG READ from each ML1500 to the SLC. I have had no issues with this logic. It does take 10 seconds to read data from 9 ML1500s, but my process is that slow. I did have issues if they all tried to MSG Read at the same time. I am sure it can be sped up, but no need for my application.

Hope this helps
Ken