HHHHEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP Please

mrtweaver

I am the one that is scheduled to be at work today to watch over our currently underdesign SCADA system. We are using Inductive Automation. I came in this morning and not knowing alot about SQL at this point come up with a new error message and I dont quite understand it. I have googled it with little success.

The error is:

The transaction log for prodtrack database is full and can not be written.

Exactly what does this mean? And what should I look for in the manager when I look at that table. Thanks for any and all assist.

Yes I do get a lot of hits but I can not quite figure out how to get to the trasaction log so I can clean it up. In the one help screen it says click here, do this then do this. Well by the second function I dont have that option. So then it says if you dont have this option do this and that is greyed out on my screen. So my guess is that somewhere along the lines my privledges are on the low side. And since I dont have admin privledge to change it I dont know what else to do. Maybe I am not even in the right section to be doing all these things to fix the problem. I am still learning SQL and I was doing fairly well on 2000 but since they upgraded to 2005 and Microsoft changed everything all around now it is a bit more confusing. Certain things use to be their own settings in the menus now they are in sub menus planted elsewhere. So that could be another reason why I am confused. anyway if any suggestion I am willing to try anything once. Have a great day.

panic mode said:
well don't know much about the exact product but it says that

log is full so it can't add more log entries to it.

maybe this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317375

if you paste whole message in google (just remove "prodtrack") you will get bunch of hits