jump and jump calls in S7

userxyz

Hi,

I'm busy with a project where I have 199 steps.

Works like this:

A Step DB with an ARRAY of 200 Steps.

Step one for example is: "DB STEPS".STEP[1]

A "DB STEPS".STEP[1]
JCN STP2

STP2

My question is, sometimes you have to be careful when using FP and FN edge detections in such steps, are there some tips ???

Evaluate edge detection logic to temps (or stats) before the step section. Use the temps (or stats) inside the step section.

If i use a step program i will use a integer to step.

L step
L 1
==I
jump

if all requirment are met we go to the next step

L 2
T step

this is easy to follow in code,
there is only 1 step activ
if you use a array of steps there is a problem if there are 2 bits active.
In some steps the it is easy to step over a part.

In my scada i use the integer to display the stepnumber with a text.

If you have 199 steps, you may want to consider using the JL command. You would need to format an INT somewhere in your logic to indicate which step to call.

Sounds better

S7Guy said:
If you have 199 steps, you may want to consider using the JL command. You would need to format an INT somewhere in your logic to indicate which step to call.

Next time I will do it like this