Wall_Clock_Hour

CONTROL1

Will someone tell me how to change the WallClock Hour in the ControlLogix. I used the WallClock for a data collection tools and I need to correct the hour to match each shift.

Thanks.

SSV (Set System Value)command will change the system time in the CPU.

You'll have to make sure the value you dump in there is the correct format, I use Rockwells TimeSynch tool to do all mine as its alot easier than fooling around with SSV's and datetime formats.

are you just trying to MANUALLY change it? ... if so, try this ...

settime.JPG

If you utilize the EWEB module, it can retrieve the time from a time server and set the controller. Pretty neat feature.

Another way would be to set it manually.

Our system uses a time sync pulse from a central controller and sets the time accordingly. You have to use the SSV instruction to set the wallclock time. Be aware, firmware version 16 and above has a different wallclock as version 15 and below.

Yes, the controller are setting correctly but on the program which I used GSV for Wall Clock Hour which I can not find away to correct it.

Instead of using GSV, use SSV (SET system value) this will set the CPU clock to whatever value you move in there. If you just want it to synch to a PC clock then use the Rockwell TimeSynch tool - much much easier.

Send me your Email address and I'll send you the code that works for the old and the new versions of contrologix. Then have the compouter system clock download the current time at some regular interval and trigger the time update.