GX Devloper FX

gosenbach

Please assist if you can, I am sure this will be a very simple question for anyone who knows the answer. I wrote a program last month in GX Devloper FX for a FX1S PLC. The machine was finished and is now long gone. I need to mad a very small change to the program. So I mad the edit and hit F4 to convert the ladder and.......

ERROR, I am not connected to the PLC so it will not allow me to make any edits.

How do I tell GX Devloper FX that I am working offline? I want to make this edit and email the program to our customer. I was able to work offline until I initially when online with the PLC, now aparently I have to be online with the PLC (which I no longer have) to may any changes. I am sure I just need to click somewhere to change the mode or something. Thanks in advance to the assistance!

Greg

I don't have the program here at home but I believe it is under the edit menu. I think it is write mode. (I use the icons so don't pay much attention to what its called)
I always switch back to this after being online.

Bob

I cant say for the FX version, but in the full GX developer it's under: tools/options/program common

"after conversion writing behaviour" box - select "dont write to PLC"

STL,

The only difference between Gx Developer and GX Developer FX is the FX version does not program A or Q Series. Otherwise it's identical software. And it tends to lag a version or two behind the full version.

The only difference between Gx Developer and GX Developer FX is the FX version does not program A or Q Series. Otherwise it's identical software. And it tends to lag a version or two behind the full version.
Thanks for letting me know - i've only used the software with Q series PLC's so far.