Omron to ControlLogix

alain64

Hello,
I would like to send 10 Bytes of data from a CJ1M Omron Processor to a ControlLogix PLC.(copy of the Bytes)
Both PLCs have DeviceNet cards and DeviceNet cabling.
I'm familiar with Contrologix PLCs
icon7.gif
but I don't know very well Omron CJ1M PLCs
icon9.gif
Could Someone who did something like that give me advises?

Thanks,

Since both PLC's have DeviceNet on them, I would use the Spanner module from TURCK. It is two DeviceNet nodes in one product. On one side it could be Node 20 and on the other it could be Node 30. You simply then send it data on one side and then the other side transmits that data there. You can transfer upto 128 bytes of data between the two networks.

TURCK DeviceNet Spanner

Many people have used these products to do exactly what your are talking about.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

Contact your local TURCK office and ask to try one of these out. The should be able to let you test one before you buy to see how it works.

Joe_WaZoo

If I connect the two Devicenet card (omron C1JW-DR21 and 1756-DNB)
Is it then possible to set the Omron Devicenet card as slave, set a Omron CPU memory area as data and read that area to a ControlOgix tag throught the 1756-dnb card set as master?
Thanks

I did make a trial connecting the 1756-DNB and the CJ1W-DRM21 modules together.

1)I set the DRM21 as slave with 2 Bytes IN and OUT using CX Integrator Software and downloaded that config to the DRM21.

2)I set a new network in RSNetworks in order to setup the DNB scanner. I've added the DRM21 card (EDS file recarded using EDS Wizard) and the DNB module as master.
No problem to go Online in that configuration and upload the device's parameters.

Problem is that the DRM21 is not proposed in the Scanlist as possible device.
It is then impossible to add the DRM21 in the DNB scanlist.
(It seems normal because the EDS for the DRM21 describes the node as an adaper not a device.)
Is it possible to make the DNB scanner "see" the DRM21 as slave?
to allow the I/O mapping?

I've found a simple solution. Very easy to set up.
It only requires to make some small changes to the original CJ1W-DRM21 EDS file in order to add I/O area descriptions.
The 1756-DNB Scanner can now see the DRM21 as a simple device that provides the data.
I can read or write in both directions in polling mode.

Hi Guys,

Maybe i should have set up a new thread for this but on the deviceNet subject....I'm borderline on I/O for a CLX 1756 DNB. Ive opted to go for Profibus (Prosoft MV156) because a single 1756-DNB wont accomodate the amount of data I need to tranfer.

The problem is that I've just about exceeded the IO cababilites of DNet and rather than having to purchase 3rd party modules (Prosoft which have proved to be excellent none the less) I have to ask...Is there anyway of extending the capabilities of DeviceNet???? i.e 2 1756-DNBs on same network?

Any thoughts please would be appreciated.

This is the same system with the underwater cable and the Wago 750 programmable fieldbus controllers, right ?

Yes, you can put multiple 1756-DNB bridges onto the same network. I just worked on a system with four.

You will have to do a little bit of adjustment to things like the Interscan Delay setting or use Cyclic connections.

I'd recommend starting a new thread and summarizing the system and your requirements for it.