Error Opening Step-7 Project ("Too many files are open")

sanger

We have received a Step 7 project from a customer but when we try to open the project we receive the error "Open (256:5) Too many files are open." We are using Step 7 v5.3. No other project are open at the time.

try Source file

I think u have open the source .awk file first and u have make ready of all the blocks which is in the project... try it out...

The Project folder does not contain a .awk file. For that matter neither do the project folders that open without any problem.

Not a problem I've come across personally...

How was the project received - was the project archived/retrieved using Simatic Manager or was it just a 'top level' folder copy?

Is your client using the same version of STEP 7 as you?

...nothing like answering a question with 2 more :)

The only thing thing I can suggest off the cuff is perhaps a corrupt archive ....would it be possible for your client to carry out a File - Reorganize on the original project and then archive it for you to try again?

I think he means .awl files in the sources folder.

Was the program sent zipped or uncompressed?