Devicenet and Controlnet issues.

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible I am having the multitude of issues I'm experiencing, because I'm using RSLogix5000 version 16, and RSNetworx version 4.01? Do I need a later version of RSNetworx?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What types of problems are you having? If it's hardware I'd say no, but that could be due to a mismatch of firmware.
More specifics on the issues you are having will yield better results with the people that use this forum.

The device at address 03 has experienced an identity communications error (80004005).

Thanks for the input. I am controlling a Powerflex 70 drive, using a 20-COMM-D devicenet adapter, connected to 1756-DNB in rack. Although all status lights on both the drive and the DNB are steady green, and I can start/stop the drive using the devicenet, when I try to upload or download the parameters from RSNetworx, I get the error 'The device at address 03 has experienced an identity communications error (80004005). Upload failed.' A day ago, I was able to upload and download through RSNetworx. I'm not sure if I accidently changed something or what is going on'. If I go online with the RSNetworx, both the drive and the DNB show up. As soon as I try to go to the drive properties, it shows the drive missing, and gives me the above described error. A-B Tech support was not able to help me resolve the issue, even though they put in a lot of effort. There suggestion was I need RSNetworx version 7 or 8. What I don't understand, is I was able to upload and download yesterday. I believe I messed up something, trying to resolve other issues. I am learning this stuff as I'm doing it, so I am probably the cause of my problem.

What is the revision of the DNB?
I have had identity errors on networks with cable issues. Is the network:
Properly terminated?
Baud rate correct for trunkline length?
Dropline length under budget for baud rate and cable type?

Thanks Mike. I upgraded from RSNetworx for Devicenet version 2.01 to version 8, and had no problem uploading or downloading.

Thanks to all for the help.
Bob