SLC 5/03 Fault on power cycling

Hipoguy

I have an SLC 5/03 which every time I cycle the power becomes faulted. I look in the error messages in RS Logix 500 and it says there is a module error. I have gone into the I/O config and eliminated the module that looks like its causing the problem. However I still need to reload the program everytime and set it to run mode remotely before the PLC will function again. Is there a way to have the PLC begin to run the program without my needing to reprogram it everytime. Also does the software automatically burn it to eeprom or must you initiate that manually through the software?

You must manually burn the EEPROM under Comms -> Store to EEPROM.

Once that is done, the program should load from EEPROM with the module deleted.

In a SLC, if the I/O config does not match the actual I/O modules present, you will continue to get the fault, so the faulty module must be removed.

Thank you PROBLEM SOLVED

Thank you OKIE PLC GUY. I was able to finally figure it out after I did some investigation with the RS Logix 500 software. Coming from AD to AB is quite the change.

Burn to EEprom question

My SLC/503 CPU is faulting at power loss the same as the rest here. I realize it's probably a bad power supply but am wondering if I burn code to the eeprom will that help me avoid the CPU fault I get every time power gets disrupted?? Code needs to be dumped in at this time after every power loss. :p