new application... help :)

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
As some of you know (in my other life) we are really into visual displays, I have a new challenge that has been given to me..

I will have 3 displays similar to my other application that I have done before, all 4inch displays
1st will be Takt time (easy, upcounter with reset)
2nd will be actual produced (easy, same)
3rd... is where I need help, it is a yield display that has to be calculated several times an hour from the input data that is calculated in a spread sheet. In the past I have done this in the PLC, but there is way to much data involved in producing scrap from this machine so other then operator input via another HMI I would like to just extract the data from the PC that has info in it.

I can write the program, its an 485 string output from a AD DL06 on port 2, but I need to get this information from a PC? either an Excell spread sheet or Access to the PLC via ethernet as the DL06 will also have to be on the net to pass the info to the HMI

Hope this is enough info

Thanks
Mark

We've used both DSData and KEPServer to exchange information between the PLC and Excel. We were using Ethernet, but I don't think it would be a problem via RS485.

How do you intend to handle the calculations in Excel? VB?

jsatkanpak said:
We've used both DSData and KEPServer to exchange information between the PLC and Excel. We were using Ethernet, but I don't think it would be a problem via RS485.

How do you intend to handle the calculations in Excel? VB?

Thank you, I will look into them both

The calculations are already there... so all I need to do is locate the worksheet and cell then I can look at it every hr and update the display

Also the PLC will be ethernet to the PC, the 485 is a local network just for the displays...

Thanks again
Mark