Factory Talk View Alarm

kurt.brinker

I recently updated my RS View SE to Factory Talk View. Everything is pretty much the same but one new thing is that the alarm screen is updated and very cool looking. The only problem is that none of my alarms are coming up. I get the error, "Unable to subscribe to events. There are no servers contained in the area for event subscription"

I check my tags and my alarms are still there but nothing pops up on my alarm screen. Anybody have some ideas for me?

This is just a couple of suggestions.

A few years ago I found a whole series of alarms in RSView32, that had gone thru a software update and I corrected the issue by going to the tag and dis ableing the alarm, saved the tag, then re enabled and saved the tag. It appeared to me that they required to need registered with the software.
They were all the first batch of alarm tags that were created in our RSView32 application.

Another suggestion is Export the Tag database and re Import it,
I have seen this corrct issues with tags.

apparently you have to create an alarm server in the application and manually recreate each alarm. the whole interface is different. Right now i have the alarm server up and i created 5 of the alarms but they work sporatically. I have test buttons for the alarms and they work sometimes and then don't. I have the tag refresh set to 250ms and the momentary button holds for 750ms.

it looks like it will be really nice once everything is running but getting there is going to be a problem

Are you using the "Alarm and Event Summary" or the "HMI Tag Alarm Summary"? They are two separate alarming systems. If you are using HMI Tag alarms, did you issue a AlarmOn command when the server starts?

I'm trying to use HMI tag alarms, but I don't know which object to use. In the menus, I only find Alarm and Event Summary and Alarm and Event Banner (which I used).

Where do I find HMI Tag Alarm Summary?

In RSView, the tag Alarm Summary is located under menu tabs: "Alarms", then "Alarm Summary". FactoryTalk is probably similar. (These are alarms that are set up from the Tag Database menu, by clicking the "Alarm" checkbox for a particular Tag.)

Marie, posts #5 and #7 from Robertmee in this thread might help you:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=43623&page=2&pp=5

Last edited:
Where do I find HMI Tag Alarm Summary?

In Menu Object, Advanced

I check my tags and my alarms are still there but nothing pops up on my alarm screen. Anybody have some ideas for me?

Are you using HMI tags or device based alarms? Anyway, first you have to create an Alarm Server, depending of wich type of Alarms you re using. RSLinx Enterprise for device-based or a Tag and Alarm Servr for HMI tags.