PanelBuilder32 win32k.sys BSOD

JulienV

Hi! Anyone ever experienced a Blue Screen Of Death when trying to open a PanelBuilder project or creating a new one? I get a stop code 0x0000008e. I've read some other forums but they all have this problem randomly and it generally turns out to be a faulty RAM chip. My case is very repeatable.

Julien, I always ran PB32 with an NT40 SP4 PC and I never had any trouble with it. I used it that way for a long time without a problem with BSOD.

Bob A.

Well, one of my good friends which is unfortunately not on this forum gave me a hint on my problem and it turned out to fix it. At some point I got bored with the Windows XP interface and did'nt want to change my satisfying four years old laptop just to please Windows Vista and I decided to install WindowBlinds to give Windows XP a different look (successfuly by the way). WindowBlinds was the culprit for that BSOD. The good thing is I did'nt have to uninstall it. I just told it not to skin PanelBuilder. I was pleased to see the problem go away by doing this! Thanks for caring!