5/03 Fault

shawnhimself

I'm attempting to upgrade a 5/02 AB SLC 500 to a 5/03. However when I stick the 5/03 processor in and attempt to put the processor into run mode I recieve a FAULT (invalid rack configuration).

After speaking to AB about the problem they convinced me the rack was bad. So I went and bought a new rack...only to have the same problem. I also tried to upload a blank program and try it. Same result. Same fault. I am able to see the processor with linx, upload, download, etc. I just can't put the processor into run mode without fault or configure the I/O.

Any ideas?

The way to be certain that your Chassis and I/O configuration is correct is to connect RSLogix 500 to the controller while offline and use the "Read I/O Config" feature.

Does the controller indicate a numeric fault code ? That will help narrow things down.

One other thing... never, ever remove or insert an SLC module under power. You can blow all kinds of components doing that.

I get the "invalid rack config" fault when I'm offline and attempt to 'Read I/O Config". I'll check tomorrow when I'm back at the plant to get the exact fault code.