STEP7 : Multi-instance inside a Multi-instance

Yves

Hi everyone,

Have somebody already programmed in STEP7 a multi-instance inside a multi-instance? I have problem with parameter IN, OUT, and IN-OUT.

A little schematic of what I have for best understanding :

FB1
STAT:
MOTOR1 FB100 --- Instance 1 of FB1
MOTOR2 FB100 --- Instance 2 of FB1

FB100
STAT:
POSITION FB200 --- Instance 1 of FB100
REGULATOR FB201 --- Instance 2 of FB100

My problem is that I habe IN, OUT, IN-OUT variable in FB200 and FB201 and I can't see them when I call Instance MOTOR1 in FB1.

How can I join those IN, OUT, IN-OUT variable?

I wanted to have something like this :

FB1:

Call MOTOR1
POSITION
REGULATOR

Call MOTOR2
POSITION
REGULATOR

Is it really possible?

Thanks for all ideas.

Yves.

You will see the parameters from within the Instance DB of the original called block, i.e, FB1.

Inside that IDB, it should include all instances of FB100 that you have called, and from there you can expand and find FB200 and FB201.

Yves said:
My problem is that I habe IN, OUT, IN-OUT variable in FB200 and FB201 and I can't see them when I call Instance MOTOR1 in FB1.

How can I join those IN, OUT, IN-OUT variable?

You need to add the variables to the interface of FB100 and then pass them on to FB200/201